Saturday, October 10, 2009

Summary Saturday

Goodness I have been so neglectful of my blog. I truly enjoy blogging. I enjoy reading about what is going on with all of you. It has taken me a couple of weeks to get caught up on all that I missed over the summer..

Somehow we had a busy summer full of a bunch of nothing. My kids are no longer involved in extracurricular activities other than church or school activities. That is a blessing. It is like recieving the gift of time. I do miss the HOURS spent each week in transit with the girls, those days of taking that time to catch up on their life is gone.

This is leading me to need to live a more purposeful life. My oldest daughter is now one month away from being 15. Every day I am reminded that my time to spend passing on everything I need her to know before sending her to college is getting smaller. Am I teaching her what she needs to know? Does she know how much we love her and how blessed we are to be her parents. She is a teenager, I have no idea how much of what I say gets to her heart. Hopefully, more of the good than the negative.

Any suggestions on what you wish your parents had told you? Taught you? Given you? Shown you?

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are doing a great job with your kids! I always wished my parents would have given me more of the WHY behind the rules... I hated being told, "because we said so"... I think I would have been more on board with obeying their wishes if I would have had more examples of the consequences.

    ReplyDelete