You know there are several different kinds of mothers.
- Mothers who start counting down to the first day of school the day school gets out for the summer.
- Mothers who get to August 1 and are at the end of their rope and can hardly contain themselves.
- Mothers who leave their kids on the schoolhouse steps and never look back.
- Mothers who get knots in their stomach at the idea of leaving their kids all day.
- Mothers who don’t want to be alone, therefore hate leaving their kids at school all day.
I don’t countdown the days, but by the end of the summer my kids need to separated. From each other and me! I know that they need the social aspects of school just as much as they need the education. We go to a smallish Christian school, I leave them knowing they are in a great surrounded by people that love them and want the best for them.
How about you?
Which kind of Mother are you?