Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Facebook & Friends

Hello! I'm Tracy...Lynn's guest poster. Hopefully Lynn is enjoying her time on the beach - I told her to make sure she comes back with lots of pictures, because that's as close as I'm going to get to the beach anytime soon...no, I'm not bitter. :)



So, I've been thinking about what exactly I should write about. I've had a few ideas, but the one that keeps coming up over (mainly because I do this instead of my job) is FRIENDS and FACEBOOK.



How many of you are on the addiction known as Facebook? I feel like I'm 17 again and I secretly love it. It's fun to see how much everyone has changed (or even stayed the same) I have relived the BIG hair days and found people that I haven't even thought about in years, but really meant something to me at one time or another. It's just so much fun and time consuming! You know what was most fun for me? That boy...you know the one that wouldn't give me the time of day back then; well, he hasn't aged well, and my husband is WAAAY cuter. I know...that was mean, but we all have 'that boy'.



Lynn and I have been friends now for almost 20 years. She is one of those friends that I could not talk to in months and when we finally see each other again, it's like time never passed, we pick right back up. She will be my life long friend and she has no idea how much I appreciate and love her. So, you might ask what my sappy story has to do with Facebook....well, over the past few years due to families, jobs, and a little big of laziness, we haven't talked near as much as we should have...until Facebook. People, if a day goes by and I don't hear from my Lynn I go into a panic...what's wrong, are the kids sick, is she sick...why haven't I heard from her? It's actually quite silly..but I miss her!


We live in different states and our time actually together is usually rushed. Since we have been on Facebook, it has reminded me why she is such a great person and why our friendship is so effortless, we just fit. So, my moral to this blog is reach out to a friend...love your friends....life would be awfully lonely if you didn't have your very own Lynn.








No comments:

Post a Comment